Hello friends, today I am writing about installing Python in Windows. Python is an Interpreter based programing language which is gaining popularity nowadays. At the time of writing this blog, the latest version available for this is 3.7.4 released on Monday, July 8, 2019 .
Let’s start installing Python. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to get Python on your Windows machine.
- Open any Web Broswer and navigate to https://www.python.org/downloads/.
- Find and click the Download Python 3.7.4 button. The python-3.7.4.exe file will be downloaded.
- Browse to the download location and double-click the python-3.7.4.exe file. The Python Setup Wizar is displayed.
- Select the Add Python 3.7 to PATH checkbox. Selecting this checkbox will remove the steps to manually add the path to the Windows enviornment PATH variable.
- Click the Install Now link to begin the installation. The User Account Control dialog box may appear. If so, click the Yes button to continue the installation. The installation progress will be displayed.
- Click the Disable path length limit link on the Setup was successful screen when displayed. The User Account Control dialog box may appear. If so, click the Yes button to continue the installation. The Setup was successful message will be displayed.
- Click the Close button to close the Python Setup wizard.
To verify if the installation is successful or not, you need to perform the following steps:
- Press the Windows logo key and then type python. The search result is displayed, as shown in the following figure.
- Ensure that Python 3.7 is selected and then press the Enter key. The Python 3.7 shell is displayed, as shown in the following figure.
- Type print(“Hello Python”) and then press the Enter key. The Hello Python message will be displayed in the shell, as shown in the following figures.
Congratulations!! You have successfully installed and verified your Python installation.